View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 08:50 AM   #9
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Default Re: Synchronizing shots between squad members

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesus View Post
So still not by RAW...
Covering a single hex and gaining the benefits of Aim and Wait is RAW. It's just worded in a convoluted way: B366 (Wait) says to look at B390 for extra rules (which say that covering a single hex benefits from Aim).

Quote:
What do you mean who's GM? One guy. Maybe he's reading this right now :)
I'm asking mostly to figure the reason for such a wording of the question. Is the GM a rules literalist? Does the GM accept rulings by SJG representatives as official? (Some don't.)

Quote:
I think we just found some sort of solution actually. I guess.
"If you follow an Aim maneuver with an Attack or All-Out Attack with the same weapon against the same target, you get a bonus to hit."
"WAIT
Do nothing unless a particular event you specified in advance occurs before your next turn; e.g., a foe moves into range. If that happens, you may transform your Wait into an Attack, Feint, All-Out Attack (you must specify the option before acting), or Ready maneuver."
So it looks like if we take Wait after few turns of Aim, we have an Aim followed by Attack (if trigger occurs). So... since Aim is followed by Attack, it's bonus is retained. I guess.
Turns:
1. Aim
2. Aim
3. Aim. Here comes command: "Get ready".
4. Wait (trigger: command "attack"; action: Attack). Here comes command: "attack" which triggers Wait. So 4-th maneuver become Attack and thus 3-rd maneuver is followed by Attack.Is this by RAW?
This is the somewhat inconvenient but very literal way to do it, yes.

Also, if you can afford to, you might also want to add Precision Aiming in the whole thing, just to get better shots.