View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 04:23 AM   #9
DangerousThing

Default Re: [Psi-Tech] Strategic Psychotronic Devices

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
Strategic weapons that triggered Agony or Ecstasy for a couple of days in anyone who failed their Will roll could be an interesting WMD. The base effect could be Affliction (Will; Affects Insubstantial, +20%; Agony/Ecstasy, +100%; Area Effect 12, +600%; Based on Will, +20%; Cosmic, Irresistible Attack, +300%; Extended Duration, 1000x, +120%; No Signature, Mundane, +20%) [128 CP/level]. When dropped on an enemy, everyone, regardless of what physical protections they enjoyed, would need to make a Will roll or suffer the effects for 1,000 minutes per point of failure. A strategic level weapon could require everyone to make the roll at Will-10, meaning that the average person would suffer a week of agony/ecstasy, allowing troops to come and collect the population with minimal hassle.
Unless one of the victims had cosmic defenses that worked against this type of attack. But this should be extremely rare.

This would truly be a nasty weapon. I think very few would survive insane. Almost the nastiest weapon of its sort I've seen. The worst was in an old SF story and it removed the connection between the consciousness and the body, permanently. It did end the war (I think with Mars), but with a large amount of victims that they had to care for until they died.
DangerousThing is offline   Reply With Quote