View Single Post
Old 12-04-2015, 11:48 AM   #5
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Default Re: GURPS Aliens: what's most interesting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnke View Post
I really hope this becomes a popular line and we see more of it. I love reading this sort of material. It's like an adrenaline injection for the imagination and creative juices.
*fingers crossed that it's popular*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
start it in the regular forum and I'll vote there so as not to derail this thread.
Good point! *moves the replies*

Not vote so much as: "If it sells sufficiently well, should I pitch another one? If so, which one?" Nothing official. Informational. (Inspirational?) That kind of thing. To lapse into lolcat, "I R meer freelansur."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Yes, please.
*snicker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
Assuming that "or" isn't an "XOR", yes.

If I have to choose one or the other, I'd prefer the weirdies.
It's not exclusive-exclusive, because, well, I'm not the only person who might ever write a supplement. But as above -- if it sells well, should I pitch another one? Should I pitch another one? (Or, y'know, should someone else?) And if I do, should I focus my limited and often hijacked attention on...

• Something that could easily go in a "humans with funny foreheads" setting as well as a more nuanced setting.

• Real Weirdies.

And then subset each into into:

• Species From GURPS Aliens

• Stuff I Came Up With Myself. (...okay, I'm eyeing this file here and making the ;_; face at it...)

So, well, freelance querying as to what the readers like, to see if there's enough of a slant that I should consider writing to market or if I should write whatever the heck amuses me at the time, because there's no consensus. >_>

Or, y'know, if other prospective authors should write something they were thinking about. I am so not inclined to try to "hog" anything. O;>

(Except maaaaaaybe Irari. Possibly. Perhaps. Probably not, actually, but I'd like to be on the playtest. >_> )