View Single Post
Old 05-31-2021, 04:31 PM   #25
maximara
On Notice

Default Re: [DF] A Portal Fantasy within a Dungeon Fantasy: Where's Alice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymathee View Post
While I was having coffee this morning I thought I'd elaborate on this. "When the GM says it works" and "When the GM says it doesn't work" should come out to a net wash, or +0%. You can apply the same logic to Game Time modifier. It works when the GM says the required amount of time passes and doesn't if he says not enough time has passed yet.

I think the problem, Hide, is that you assume that GM Fiat is incapable of providing fair and ethical outcomes. If GM Fiat can't ever be trusted, we ought to come to the natural conclusion that no GM is fit for the role of GM. This kind of reasoning is self-defeating and part of why I just don't quite get where you're coming from with this.
Sadly this "GM Fiat can't ever be trusted" goes back to too many stories of DMs getting into them vs players.

Doesn't help that Dungeonland and Through the Magic Mirror have every native an insane kill happy lunatic. I have no idea where that comes from as at best only the Queen of Hearts and Jabberwocky are out to kill and even the Queen is mitigated by the King.

Just because they are insane doesn't mean they are all effectively Joker Jr.
Help make a digital reference for GURPS by coming to the GURPS wiki and provide some information and links (such as to various Fanmade 4e Bestiaries) . Please, provide more then just a title and a page number.
maximara is offline   Reply With Quote