View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 10:54 AM   #28
robertsconley

Default Re: The Future of the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post
FWIW, I put up a blog post about how the WYSIWYG template isn't nearly as complicated as many seem to think it is. I don't have the time or inclination to talk about writing in general, but I may do something about what I think adventures need.
Given clear instruction and a little coaching sure. However what if you disagree that the way to format adventure. Or your opinion is that the template is a detriment to the presentation of a good adventure. Or even with instructions and coaching, you find the template stifling to creativity.

These procedures have been in place for nearly 15 years. But nobody seems to be happy with the overall result they produced. People are happy with specific items but there is a general sense that GURPS is languishing.

What is need is experimentation. My Scourge of Demon Wolf was a GURPS adventure for 125 point 3rd edition fantasy characters. I did nothing to change it for OD&D aside from figuring out the level ranges it best worked with it (3rd to 5th).

If I wrote it for GURPS, I would use the same format I using now because I believe it is the best way of presenting that adventure. But it is not the way is outlined in the template.

What I would like to see is not for SJ Game to adopt what I am doing. I would like to be able to do is present what I am doing in parallel with what SJ Game thinks best.
robertsconley is offline   Reply With Quote