View Single Post
Old 08-26-2020, 08:57 AM   #12
AlexanderHowl

Default Re: [MH] [RPM] Do Charms Have to Break?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engurrand View Post
That's what I thought too and I was very happy with it, but I was wrong. Another important advantage of charms is without them you can't have more than one of the same spell ready. Ref Thaumatology: Ritual Path Magic Page 27, Features of Charms, the first bullet point.
A caster cannot have multiple of the same spell hung as conditional rituals on their behaviors, because they are the subject of all the spells and you can't be the subject of two spells with the same effects. So while Black Kat would do very well to have her escape spell hung as a conditional ritual for the reasons you say, she could not hang any other greater create crossroads spells on her person. You can creatively engineer your spell list to avoid this problem, but if you're a blaster, you need your charms for all those missile spells.
Well, it becomes a matter of how flexible the character wants to be. If you want to be a blaster though, you can use Greater Path of Body to give yourself Innate Attack (though GMs might restrict them to 'natural' attacks). For example, a character could use Greater Transform Body to give themselves Toxic Attack 10d (Jet, +0%) or just enchant themselves with the effect.
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote