View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 09:48 PM   #20
The Colonel

Default Re: [RPM] Storing power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
It is my fervernt hop that GURPS will one day have good Shaman rules but already with Channeling or Medium to contact them and Spirit Empathy to effectively use Social skills I feel GURPS already is the best currently out there and we have other pieces already in place.
Thaumatology touched on it repeatedly, but that book could be five times as long and not cover everything it brought up in enough detail. I think we've all had the conversation about the name GURPS:MAGIC being put on the wrong book. Also, the problems with the points cost of spirit traits seems to make them tricky to use as allies etc.. Come to think of it, you could probably take most of the powers in the game and give them a coat of shamanistic flavour by having them with a granted by restriction tied to a reaction roll or something. Still, could do to have some rules pulled together for those of us to system-dim to build them ourselves.
If only there was someone around ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher R. Rice View Post
No, I made them up. Should work ok though.
Like I said, impressed. Are you the guy who is (what an outsider might think of as) a shaman in real life or is that someone else?
The Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote