View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 10:27 AM   #5
Varyon

Default Re: [Skill] Freight Handling/TL IQ-A, B197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
This isn't a changed function of the skill: "Also roll against Freight Handling skill any time there is doubt as to whether an item of cargo was lost or damaged; on a success, it made the journey intact." It just adds some detail about how long loading and unloading take.
I was referring more to the bit about a failed roll when initially loading causing it to take twice as long to unload, with nary a mention of the 20% reduction. I suppose you could do it as two separate rolls - one for speed (success gives the 20% reduction, failure gives normal rate) and once for proper loading (success means no change, failure means the next time you need to transfer that cargo, it takes twice as long; this can be reduced to 1.6x - might just round that down to 1.5x - with a successful Freight Handling roll when you do the transfer).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
Perfect. Thank you!

I checked GURPS Spaceships 2, but not GURPS Spaceships.
No problem. I actually checked SS2 first, and one line (SS2:38) at the end of the section on buying speculative cargo referenced where in SS1 the rules would be found. Certainly easy to miss.