View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 04:08 PM   #8
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: [IC] In Nomine -- The Redemption of Eli

Eli! Rhoda thought as she moved through the stillness of Golden Gate Park, her beloved bike never far from her. Her wanderings seemed impulsive, almost random. Only a trained observer -- or another Wheel -- could have realized the truth, that she was cleaning the section of the park as efficiently as an entire maintenance crew and with far less wasted motion.

In her private moments, "Rudy" almost thought she could understand the Archangel of Creation. To just move through the Symphony and with it, letting the notes wash over you, was a very Ofanite thing indeed. But every Ofanite was going somewhere, even if it was only to find a place to begin the next mad dash. If Eli had a destination, he hadn't bothered sharing it with anybody. I wonder if ol' gear-head knows? she thought irreverently, her mind flicking to the memory of a good friend before returning to the task at hand.

She smiled at a few stray blooms in the moonlight, bagged up the discarded cigarette nearby. Some flowers seemed to need all the help a loving hand could give them, while others flourished with barely a thought. But even the most independent bud could need watching, if only to make sure a well-meaning soul didn't pull it up as a weed. Perhaps it was indeed time for someone to tend to Eli -- if only to make sure a Triad didn't get there first with a hoe.

Perhaps? she teased herself silently with an inward chuckle. Make that definitely. If Lady Novalis sees the need, how can I not run along the course she's set?

Rudy looped the trash bag onto her bike, studied the vehicle a moment. Three full bags hung from each handlebar. A good bit of work. Time to hit the junkyards and the recycling centers. And maybe that grocery store could use a little bit of help getting the carts corralled and the last few boxes unloaded.

She was looking forward to the meeting. But she had no intention of standing still until then.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote