View Single Post
Old 01-04-2006, 12:38 PM   #85
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping
Default Re: Whats a Munchkin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Wanderer
And I say a clever GM might fit him in in any setting...
I don't disagree, but you're very clearly missing the point again. This is not about a GM being clever with unusual material. This is not about a player looking for an unusual challenge. This is about a type of player who lacks imagination and cannot think beyond his own unvarying ambitions and goals, which are exclusively concerned with gathering fighting power and killing things (basically treating a roleplaying game like a videogame: a simulation of killing things with cool power-ups) in ways which have little or no necessary relationship to the setting or mood of the campaign. I'll say that again, bolding important elements:

A type of player who lacks imagination and cannot think beyond his own unvarying ambitions and goals, which are exclusively concerned with gathering fighting power and killing things (basically treating a roleplaying game like a videogame: a simulation of killing things with cool power-ups) in ways which have little or no necessary relationship to the setting or mood of the campaign.

There. That's a munchkin. And that's so much less elegant than the "Florentine ninja" thing. See what happens when you overanalyze?

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is offline   Reply With Quote