View Single Post
Old 11-05-2020, 09:58 AM   #5
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: [Banestorm] Fleshing out the Djinn Lands

I agree that the area was left as an open area for the GM to insert stuff, but I do think that exploring the idea has merit. Maybe we'll get a nice version out of this.

Its been a while since we did a proper world-building question game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf23k View Post
To get started, let's name a Djinn. Should the name be a composite of the Ascended One's name and the human host? Should the host simply adopt the Ascended One's name? Would the Ascended One even use it's original Elven name, or would it have adopted a new name to represent it's new state of being?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold & Appel Inc View Post
. I picture each having an Elven name that they use among themselves on the rare occasions that they communicate, a name belonging to their vessel that is long-forgotten and would only be important as a vulnerability for certain kinds of magic, and a fanciful use-name that is either self-chosen or bestowed by their slave/cultists and reflective of the sort of obsequious thing a bunch of terrified tribesmen would call their personal minor patron deity, like, "The Voice of the Desert Wind," or, "The Watcher in the Sky Over the Dunes," or something.

This is a great trio: The name of each half, plus a title. The titles should be individual enough to distinguish them from other djinn.

Elf Name: Alinar
Human Name: Rashad (but more needs to come)

Djinn Title: Watcher in the Sky Over the Dunes, or "Dune Watcher" for short

I'm not sold on the title: does someone have a better one?

Question 2) What physical or natural structure covers Alinar's body and the surrounding High Mana zone?
Question 3) How long has Rashad been Alinar's host?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote