View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 03:34 PM   #5
Ulzgoroth

Default Re: GURPS: Spaceships Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigil_Kent View Post
Actions aboard a specific starship, yes. I was simply unclear whether all actions that transpire between respective ships were simultaneous.
No, page 50 presents a sequence for actions within a ship's turn. Page 49 talks about the sequence in which ships get their turns. (It doesn't really specify what that should be.)
Quote:
Since you're telling me that the each spacecraft's respective turns aren't simultaneous per RAW, though, I may consider house-ruling that ...
Simultaneous resolution isn't a minor houserule. The piloting rules would need a radical rebuild, at least, and there might be further consequences.

Radically reworking Spaceships before using it isn't a bad idea by me, to be sure. But putting that out there...
Quote:
maybe if initiative is determined by Tactics check instead of Pilot basic speed, then it's sort of like a quasi-ambush? Something to ponder, I suppose.
You should probably actually look at what's on that page 49 - tactics contest is one of the suggestions.