View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 11:21 AM   #50
Icelander

Default Re: [MH] Caribbean by Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Fictional shooter:

Danny Daniels is a (half) native American from the inter-mountain west. He joined the Army in order to be a warrior, and takes pride in his front-line combat experience, having served all over the world. Danny has a Hispanic wife and two kids, and despite seeming bravado, he's a fairly quiet guy.

**Note: the real Danny Daniels is an exceptionally quiet and pleasant plumber, and one of my old neighbors. He just has one of the coolest names I've seen on a real person.
Heh.

Half- what else, though?

Scots-Irish, Anglo-Saxon, Hispanic, etc.?

I mean the real one, that is.

It's important, do you see, because the ghost stories and legends you grew up with matter a lot in a setting like this...

Also, if you don't mind, I'd maybe make him something more than just a shooter. Mundane crew and even mundane shooters, Kessler recruits through a network of people already in his employ, or related to them.

For someone that far from his Caribbean, Gulf Coast and Texas stomping grounds, as well as the French Foreign Legion and African adventures of his youth to be with him, it pretty much has to be a Story. And that means Danny wasn't recruited just as a loyal crew member or ordinary private security shooter, he was probably recruited as a Monster Hunter.