View Single Post
Old 01-03-2022, 11:53 PM   #9
Shaira

Default Re: Pinning down a fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcobb View Post
Minimal pin fix:
An attempt to pin is a contest of 3/DX between the two figures with the following modifiers:
Add one die to the number of dice a figure needs to roll for each level of Unarmed Combat the foe has above theirs.
Add one die for each five points of ST the foe has above their own (round up so even an advantage of one point of ST adds a die)
To complete the pin the pinner needs to make their own roll and make it by more that the target makes theirs.
Once the pin is in place the pinner may attempt to tie up the target by making another contest. If they fail this roll the target escapes the pin and if they make the roll by more than the target does then they tie them up.

Note that in a contest between a very strong untalented figure against a weak high level UC figure neither is likely to pin the other.
Sounds good. I'd say being Pinned removes your option to take any action other than trying to break the pin. The pinning character has limited options, such as maintaining the Pin (maybe automatically adding one die to the attempt to break the Pin) or damaging the Pinned foe, by throttling, dislocating limbs, tearing muscle, etc. I'd say they could automatically inflict hth damage each turn during a Pin. I think maybe tying up the Pinned victim might require a roll within the Pin, with the victim breaking free if you fail.

I can imagine this working well for giant spiders tying characters up in webs. 😁

I agree that size should be a factor too.

Cheers,

Sarah
Shaira is offline   Reply With Quote