View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 08:39 PM   #103
phiwum

Default Re: Show me the magic!

As I was thinking about the Unlife Plague spell, I wondered how hard it is for the wizard to cast it and remain safe. Invisibility would work. But then I wondered about Unnoticeability.

Does that spell work on IQ 0 critters? Will a slime, zombie or plant not notice an unnoticeable guy (aside from critical success)? Or does not having a brain prevent one from prioritizing attention to things around him, so that unnoticeability is useless?

Sorry, I know this isn't really the right thread, but this is just a little musing, not important enough to put in its own thread.

Just to keep things on track, I might increase the ST cost for Unlife Plague. I'm not sure it should be easier to cast than Create Gate, say. I think the apocalypse should take effort.

That said, I had already planned a necromantic threat coming from the wilds of Tanander but was struggling over how many zombies a wizard could create and maintain, even while draining ST from captives. But the plague zombies put that to rest. You only need to seed a few places and encourage them to head in the right direction (namely, to underdefended hamlets and farming communities). This will start the orc refugees heading to Dran that I need for my story.

Last edited by phiwum; 04-05-2021 at 08:45 PM.
phiwum is offline   Reply With Quote