View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 04:12 AM   #28
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.
Default Re: Archers and Mages Attacking Every Turn (DF)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailanka View Post
But in any case, maybe I'm wrong. It seems that the problem isn't that GURPS forces mages to be slow and spend fatigue, but that the standard magic system does. GURPS actually has quite a few other magic systems, like Sorcery, RPM, and an entire catalog of options in Thaumatology.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
Of course, if what you want is an artillery/blaster mage, DF can support that - build a Sorcerer (Pyramid #3/82) instead of a Wizard.
I find it mildly amusing that both of you replied to me with the same thought: "Because the standard Magic Rules don't support what is wanted why not just use one of these alternate rules systems instead?" And the whole point of what I said is that the standard rules can be easily tweaked to support exactly what is wanted, taking a lot less effort than learning/incorporating a different magic system, simply by introducing a few spell variants that do exactly what is wanted: Extremely fast casting missile spells, likely balanced out by doing lower damage and having minimum casting costs.
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote