View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 01:34 PM   #52
Icelander

Default Re: [MH] Caribbean by Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I don't know. If I had to guess, I'd say 4th generation Americanized Welsh, judging from his last name (patronymic name with a plural) and the makeup of the surrounding population. He's from a small cow town about 30 minutes off the reservation. I think his tribe is Ute, if that help's with the legends and so forth. If not, he lives close to somebody else's reservation.
Cool, thanks. The Ute are probably great for legendry, and, who knows, he could have had a great-grandmother for Welsh folklore.

Far from the sea, I got. Far from mountains as well?

Quote:
I'm not sure how often Caribbean immigrants end up in the US army, but it hasn't struck me as a very common scenario. You might want to recruit someone from the armed forces or police of the islands. The Caribbean has some pretty hard-core police forces: some groups are primarily seen in full swat gear.
Jean-Michel Alexandre, Kessler's valet, chief steward, bodyguard and right hand man, is from a rich and well-connected family in Port-au-Prince and was a fiery young college student in the Tonton Macoute, before losing faith in 'Baby Doc' Duvalier and searching for a way to escape life on Haiti by joining the French Foreign Legion, as his disreputable uncle once did.

ISHIM Ltd., Kessler's St. Lucia-registered Private Security Contractor company, employs a number of former policemen, soldiers and sailors from Caribbean islands. Anyone who stands out in talent, courage and willpower, not to mention loyalty and character, might receive a chance to serve as security on the Penemue. Awesome abilities, exceptional willpower and/or having survived terrible paranormal experiences and coming out stronger might mean assignment as an active hunter.

Quote:
For a name you can have Zamal Juman. That's an indo-carribean name. For a background make him formerly part of either the "Black Clothes Police" or "Death Squad", all of which had their heyday in the 90's, opposing a criminal "Phantom Squad". The exact roles and history of these organizations are disputed even today, thought the black clothes police are still around (I think). He would have either been directly recruited by the monster hunters in Guyana or he was able to emigrate to the US to find higher paying work. And possibly to get out of a fairly small country (population-wise).
Awesome!

I had no idea about Gyuana's colourful criminal history. I'll use him.