View Single Post
Old 02-01-2021, 09:23 AM   #10
droid17

Location: technicaly inside Caracas zonemind and very near the border between Caracas and Mexico zone
Default Re: is this how a AU Tarantula would pursuit after human target?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMattis View Post
Batman follows extremely cinematic/narrative rules. He will almost always win in the end, not because his unbelievable skills and gadgets would necessarily make it possible, but because he is Batman and that is how these stories go. He'll dodge every bullet, laser and plasma beam, but frequently take blows to the head and get into back-and-forth fisticuffs with random tough-guy human bruisers.

If you stick Batman and his tactics to a fairly realistic dystopia and don't carry his invincible plot-protection and occasional plot-clairvoyance he'd be dead ten times over. The stuff that surprises him when he deals with his usual enemies would just straight up kill him. You're not really supposed to use a character like him in a high-deadliness setting without plot-protection unless the point is something like dark humor, or illustrating that 'acting like a hero' doesn't work in this world, etc.

If you're looking for inspiration for characters that would excel in these types of settings I'd look more at real-world soldiers like Simo Häyhä.
oh yeah i just forgot that Batman as well ALL comic books super heroes and heroines, humans or mutants or alien humanoid type are extremely cinematic trope.

i made a mistake thinking that maybe Batman may had survive the fighting encounter with 1 Tarantula AU exterminator unit on close range fight.

truth Reign of Steel is more realistic as it can be and far less cinematic trope style like all Hollywood's machine's uprising apocalypse films or TV series.

"Human sexuality is a kind of distortion field that keeps us from seeing reality and logic clearly" -anonymus.
droid17 is offline   Reply With Quote