View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 07:19 PM   #14
jason taylor

Default Re: Designing a Secret Eugenics Society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindri View Post
I think it would be significantly challenging to produce quality observations for eugenics purposes starting with just observable genetics in animals and plants.

Mentally you don't want just a test that vaguely correlates to how well someone will do at a job like the Chinese imperial examination, you need to basically invent a set of ways in which someone can be mentally gifted, find ways to test a person for each of them (even ones that aren't traditionally valued by the culture) and hope that your set of mental aptitudes was good enough to be improvable when you start to get actual data instead of being fundamentally unworkable. In addition to tests you can probably have some of the competitions at the festivals have to do with mental aptitudes. Memory is probably a good example.
Either you missed my point or I missed yours. I wasn't commenting on the technical difficulty of a low tech eugenics program but on the specific problem of getting breeding stock.