Thread: Glamor
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 08:16 PM   #13
phiwum

Default Re: Glamor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieddicus View Post
I've never actually thought about Glamor being used to turn into anything other than a relatively anatomically similar creature. I'll have to put a little more thought into the spell.

As amusing as turning yourself or another into a mustard jelly would be I think restricting the change to no less than half the size is a fair view of the spell.
Oh, yeah, I didn't mean to make my choices too small. I agree with the half-size restriction. So, a really big mustard jelly, then.

But I am leaning to your initial restriction on relative anatomical similarity. I'm just not sure if an appropriate sized quadruped like a good-sized wolf is similar enough. It's explicitly similar enough for shapeshift, since it's mentioned in the spell description.

I might be tempted to let a character shapeshift into a jelly. I'm not sure what I'd do if they wanted to split the jelly in two. That seems a step too far.

(For anyone wondering, Mustard Jellies are in Old School Monsters and happen to be my oddball monster du jour.)
phiwum is offline   Reply With Quote