View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 09:57 AM   #6
Varyon

Default Re: Fast, Graceful, and Vicious Attacks [Powers]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
Rapier Wit suffers penalties when used against a group (-1 per person in the group), which limits its overall utility.
There should be an Enhancement to negate this, and I can’t see this being worth more than +100% (or [+5]), if it’s a problem.

Quote:
It also pretty much only causes stunning, so I would consider it a lighter version of what I am discussing.
Aside from Vicious, Stunning is really the only appropriate result. In settings where responses other than Stunning are appropriate in response to a Vicious attack, seeing someone eviscerated by a “normal” attack should already call for a Fright Check.

If you instead want a supernatural attack with a confusion, awe, or fear effect tacked on, Linked Terror (assuming Terror requires a Maneuver) is the way to go.

Quote:
Since it is an attack (even if it only takes a free action), it would need to be linked to an attack to be delivered simultaneously.
Mechanically, there’s no difference between “only usable immediately after an attack” and “only usable concurrently with an attack” for a free action. The former is clearly a Limitation - the latter shouldn’t be an Enhancement. Honestly, “only usable immediately before an attack” is a Limitation (it requires you to make an attack, rather than being able to use it freely), yet is more useful than either of the previous (as this version lets you immediately take advantage of a successful Stun).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Maybe Side Effect (Stunning) on the Crushing Attack would serve for the fast attack?
If it’s a single attack built as an Innate Attack (or built via the modifying ST-based attacks guidelines) or a single Natural Weapon, this is the way to go. If the character can technically do it with any attack, from a kick to a sword thrust, modified Rapier Wit may work better.