View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 10:50 PM   #83
pup67vargr

Default Re: [OOC] The Voyages of "The Hiawatha" [Hero Class] : GURPS Traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulos05 View Post
I'm still counting an extra stateroom... 4 Staterooms in the crew area and 6 upstairs. But it says we can carry 1 High passage and 4 medium passages. We could assume the Steward is upstairs (to provide ready access for the passengers should they need anything), which gives us an extra room downstairs so fewer people double up. But the way I count it, we should have sufficient bunks for 1 more passage assuming we're doubled.

And yeah, since we've got two women, they'd be bunked together.
The way I read that description of the staterooms/passenger accomodations, there's only one stateroom that has suitable amenities for a High Passenger, and one other stateroom is filled with the 14 Low-Passage berths, which leaves 4 Standard/Middle Passage Staterooms. Otherwise, I don't see any place for the Low Passage Berths. And the Steward needs to be in the crew area. So, Captain in one crew stateroom, the females sharing another, and that leaves the three remaining men to share two staterooms. Or, you could put two apiece in all of the crew quarters, including the Captain's stateroom, and then have one crew stateroom left over to use as a sitting room, gambling hall, bar, pinball arcade, or whatever.

Last edited by pup67vargr; 08-15-2011 at 05:38 AM.
pup67vargr is offline   Reply With Quote