View Single Post
Old 02-07-2021, 08:04 PM   #25
maximara
On Notice

Default Re: [Psi/Space] Irar, the Jewel in the British Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Charon View Post
Are you assuming that the USA would suddenly stop trading with Britain?
I should have made clear I was talking about WWII and the Liberty Ships here.

Quote:
I believe I answered the 'Why Britain?' question earlier in the thread, probably on page one. I'm not sure what a couple of wars more than two hundred years ago have to do with anything that the Irari would decide in 2021, though.
The "British had a long history of going into other people's lands and telling them what to do, while at the same time being generally nice in the modern era, and are currently desperate for a new trading partner and thus in no position to refuse."

Ok the second I will grant you but much of the US' behavior with its brief "Empire" was taken from Britain's playbook. Also actions such as those in Dividing the Middle East and the mess that was the Boar Wars are part of the reason those regions are basket cases/power kegs in the 21st century.

Quote:
... um, I'm going to read this in more detail later, but I think I should point out that there's already a write-up for the Irari, in GURPS Aliens, and also in the 4e conversion for it at GURPSLand.
That version is also on the GURPSwiki
Help make a digital reference for GURPS by coming to the GURPS wiki and provide some information and links (such as to various Fanmade 4e Bestiaries) . Please, provide more then just a title and a page number.
maximara is offline   Reply With Quote