View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 07:46 PM   #2
AlexanderHowl

Default Re: Keeping humans relevant in the shadow of TL10 AI.

I generally avoid using AI but, when I do, I make AI a function of hardware rather than software. An AI can only emerge from a neural net and, since the evolution of each neural net makes it functionally unique, it cannot run on any other neural net, meaning that each AI is bound to their resident neural network (though they can upgrade their neural network). In order to reflect the utility of AI optimization of their resident neural networks, I rule that neural net computers with resident AIs are capable of running an additional program at the neural net's Complexity for every point of IQ possessed by the AI, so even very dumb AI are quite useful to corporations.

Without the ability to circumvent their physical bodies or to create duplicates, AI become much like any other character, though they have certain advantages and disadvantages. Very intelligent AI require very large computers, so they are incapable of traveling with the party. Smaller AI are more portable but, since they are vulnerable to damage and cannot heal, the majority of them are very cautious and are a little dumb.
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote