View Single Post
Old 07-21-2020, 07:05 AM   #4
Plane

Default Re: Stretching Stunts [Powers/Supers]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
I was think if stunts that did not use other abilities.

For example, a character extending their legs 700 yards, grabbing the roof, and then retracting their legs, allowing them to climb 700 yards in just a second (effectively moving 1400 mph up)
I'm now wondering if that would function differently than "extending my arms 700 yards, grabbing the roof, then retracting my arms".

It occurs to me that "my limb is suddenly very long" may not necessarily mean "my straight limb remains straight now that it is long".

Perhaps a straight leg which is lengthened is initially actually bent, so that you need to "stand up" again (Change Posture) to take advantage of your new dimensions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
or a character attacking someone 700 yards away by extending their arms and legs instantly (effectively having a Crushing Attack with a Reach 700 yards long).
I think for a punch that only your new arm length would matter in GURPS terms, even though realistically longer legs should help too since they'd let you lean further into a lunge like with a lunge.

I expect legs' help here would be reflected in buying a higher Basic Move to reflect your longer strides taking the same short amount of time as your usual short strides?

Otherwise you might be taking super-long steps that take several seconds each?
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote