View Single Post
Old 02-23-2022, 02:19 PM   #14
TGLS

Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
And its as much rock as dirt.
Other kinds of rock?

Quote:
Julian is moved up the tunnel, where men are passing the baskets and buckets back, and moving them forward as well. As he passes, the men are yelling something, repeating it. Then he's pushed into a tiny narrow tunnel on the side: too small for a man to be comfortable, but he fits..
I wonder how they made such a narrow tunnel. Or better yet, why?

Quote:
He crawls on his hands and knees, and then sees a kid coming down the tunnel towards him backwards. The kid pushes a basket of earth behind him, and then turns and goes the other way..
I suppose they want me to drag the baskets back and forth.

So with glowy stone in one hand, book in the other, I'm pushing along a basket full of rocks and dirt. For what might be a pittance. Hopefully I get to stop before I collapse from exhaustion.

Quote:
The stone is shaped like a convex lens, and is just as smooth, but is about 2 inches across. The light comes from the surface of the stone, and can be turned like a flashlight. The surface feels cool to the touch, but the light itself feels warm, like sunlight on a summer day.
This is amazing; I've never seen anything like this before. I'll try to avoid the compulsion to play around with this flashlight stone any more than I already have.

Quote:
OCC: where is the panic attacks disadvantage from? what does it do?
Horror 26-27. In short, in a stressful situation (Examples: hyperventilating [intense physical exercise, including combat], failing fright checks or making them exactly, starvation, etc.), roll 3d6. On a 6 or less, -2 to attribute and skill rolls & -4 to active defenses for 2d6 seconds.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote