View Single Post
Old 07-19-2021, 05:00 AM   #3
RGTraynor

Default Re: Combo Suggestions for point starved Witch wanting to be effective in melee?

Mm. The problem is that we don't know enough about the challenges your character will face. What does "defend myself physically" mean? Does it mean that you need to be able to take out monsters by yourself? (And how tough are those monsters likely to be?) Or does it mean that you just need to be able to stay alive long enough for the dedicated melee fighters to bail you out? If the latter, then anything that keeps your defense up is A Good Thing. Shields help a lot there.

(Never mind that if you're thinking along the lines of the former, AND you're the party caster, perhaps some lessons on basic tactics to the other players will serve well.)

If you're a casual melee fighter, one principle for the point-starved is that the more different ways to battle you know, the poorer you are in all of them. And if you think you have enough points for Iron Hands, and Precognitive Parry, and various techniques, and multiple skills ... for pity's sake do yourself a solid, bundle up all those points, and get an Ally: a dedicated bodyguard tasked for nothing else than keeping Bad Things from your throat.

"Call me old-fashioned, but after you're dead, I don't think you should be entitled to a Dodge any more." - my wife

It's not that I don't understand what you're saying. It's that I disagree with what you're saying.
RGTraynor is offline   Reply With Quote