View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 04:12 PM   #40
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria View Post
(no objection)

Zahirah would smile at him, "I hope I'm not over stepping my place, but I couldn't help thinking about the trouble you were mentioning last night. It seems to me that perhaps their might be a way for you to restructure your business in a way to help you come out ahead in this mess. I know that I don't understand business as well as many, but if you will give me leave to speak to someone else I know someone that I believe might be able to help you."
A look of condescension crosses his face briefly--blink and you miss it--but you were meant to see it. "Ms...." he realizes he doesn't know your last name, "thank you for your concern. This is one of those possibilities one prepares for in this business. We have safeties in place and, while we will have to make sacrifices, we will survive."

He softens, ever so slightly. "I am careful who I discuss my business with. Who is this person you would speak to, and what would he want in return for his help?"