View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 11:23 PM   #8
jeff_wilson
Computer Scientist

Default Re: [Martial Arts] Are mollusks susceptible to Arm Lock and Leg Lock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurps Fan View Post
I'm trying to design a character who is a sapient, human-sized octopus-like creature with four arms and four legs. He has no bone.

I want him to be immune to any Arm Lock and any Leg Lock. He certainly should buy Double-Jointed, but this trait merely gives +5 to break free (Martial Arts, p. 44), far from "immune". Buying Extra-Flexible enhancement on his existing two arms and two Extra Arms makes his all arms immune to Arm Lock (Martial Arts, p. 114), but his legs are left as susceptible to Leg Lock as a mere normal human who just happens to be Double-Jointed.

To make him totally immune to any locks against any of his limbs, what trait should I buy for him? (Or am I misunderstanding something and mollusks should actually be susceptible to locks?)
You can buy six Extra Arms and take Legless if he cannot choose to walk.

or

Buy enough Extra Arms to cover all limbs as arms, with Foot Manipulators (Legless if used as arms) -30% on the last pair - then the guy can still walk on arms 7&8, and if someone Leg-Locks his walking arms, he can choose to go to Legless mode and slither free, but will have to chose between remaining immune and dragging/swimming away or switching back to run away.

The Campaigns of William Stoddard

Last edited by jeff_wilson; 06-20-2010 at 11:26 PM.
jeff_wilson is offline   Reply With Quote