View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 08:04 AM   #10
Daigoro

Default Re: [GAME] Orcish Ag Bash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Logris does not fit the bill (heavily forested), on the other hand Oyashima is a big nothing right now, and we could easily just make it what it needs to be.
Well, the swampy region is modelled on a place in Victoria, which I would otherwise consider to be heavily wooded, so I don't think that rules it out. We'd just have to make the whole island large enough for a few different biomes; a major wooded biome then a few other more marginal biomes.

Also, being an archipelago, we could choose a different island than Logris.

Oyashima itself suggests it's a Japan-like culture, but it's not stated whether that's the whole continent, a major polity, or only the seafaring polity whose fame has reached across the Sunset Sea. So this could imply that the orcs are part of the Japan-analog hegemony or have them as major neighbours.

Anyway, let's settle it with the vote. I've got a fair idea of what people want, but this can confirm it.

Question 1.1 [VOTE]
What's the geographic relation between Kjanikatu and Knurlkyth?
Answer with your first preference and second preference.
Voting will close in 24 hours, and it's open to anyone, not just the fine posters we've heard from so far.

A: Kjanikatu is nearby neighbours to Knurlkyth, the Craft Kingdoms, the Ornthrond Mountains and the Halflings of White River, it's just that we hadn't discussed them yet.

B: Kjanikatu is on a distant part of the same continent as Knurlkyth.

C: Kjanikatu is on a different island or continent to Knurlkyth, though whether that's Logris, another of the Stardrop Archipelago, Oyashima or somewhere else altogether can be addressed later.

D: Kjanikatu is on a completely separate world to Knurlkyth.

E: Another option, please specify.

--
My vote:
Spoiler:  

----
In the meantime, let's get some other questions rolling.

Question 2 [BIO] - Size
2a: Are the orcs generally smaller, the same size as, or larger than humans?
2b: Are male and female orcs generally the same size, slightly different, or do they display a great deal of dimorphism?

----

Quote:
Kjanikatu
This large orcish village is one of several located in a strip of swampland some 5 miles wide and 20 miles long. It is beside what is officially recorded by the Empire’s cartographers as the shortest route through the wetlands.
Area
3 mile radius, 28 square miles of area, 18,000 acres total.
Question 3 [GEO] - Neighbourhood
3a: How many other villages are there in this region?
3b: What are their names?
3c: What's the name of the region?
And heaps of forum collabs, 30+ and counting!

Last edited by Daigoro; 07-08-2020 at 08:22 AM.
Daigoro is offline   Reply With Quote