View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #6
MunchkinMan

Default Re: A Few Questions from a New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dklittle View Post
1) When you die, do you go back to level 1 when you come back alive?

2) When you die, can you now get items starting at the beginning of the next players turn (e.g. My friend died. The next turn I died. Does my friend get one of my items?
The rules state that you keep your Level, Race and Class (if any). They also say that you come back to life at the start of the next player's turn (which means that you can help in combat, receive Charity, and do whatever else you can in your incredibly limited state, as you have no cards or Items, at least until you receive Charity or help in a winning combat before your turn starts). and that you get 4 cards from each deck at the start of your next turn.

Quote:
3) Are items that do not say "one use only" automatically equippable items (e.g. Pantyhose of Giant Strength)?

4) Can you play one shot items to your board as "in play" in order to get them out of your hand?
You are allowed to carry any number of small Items, so you can play any card that is a small Item (this includes one-shot Items) to the table. At that point, it is carried. If you're not using an Item, for whatever reason, turn it sideways. You're only allowed one Big Item in play, so if you already have one in play, you can not play another one without a card that allows for it. As for one-shot Items, I've already said they can be put into play (they are Items after all), but the rules double cover this by saying that one-shot Items can be played at any time that would be appropriate (usually during combat), either from your hand directly, or from in play on the table.

Quote:
5) When someone picks cards at random does that person get to see which cards are treasures and which are doors since they can see the back of the cards?
If they can look at the card, then it's not really random. However, it can be hard to guarantee total randomness, and if you really don't care if they can see the backs, then don't worry about it. We can't make you play the game the way we think should be the right way, so you're allowed to make judgement calls that make sense in the moment.

Quote:
6) If you are half breed elf/dwarf, can you use an item that is for dwarves only?
You get all of the benefits and all of the downsides to both Races, and the ability to use a Race-only Item would be a benefit. So, you could use an Elf-only Item and a Dwarf-only Item in such a situation.

Quote:
7) I read in the forums that you can discard your race/class any time, is this true, even in combat?
Yes. It's also covered in the rules for the descriptions of what Races and Classes are.
MiB #1029

Last edited by MunchkinMan; 08-10-2012 at 09:27 PM.
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote