View Single Post
Old 10-03-2022, 10:58 AM   #5
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: GCA 5.0.199 Cannot Edit Cost/Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonevar View Post
Thank you for the responses, I can see the reasoning, and am not trying to argue.
Thank you, but if you see what you believe is a better way, you should always fee free to suggest it. I may agree and it gets put in, or I may disagree and it may not, but it's always worthwhile to share ideas.

Quote:
I would however like to suggest an idea if it is possible...
Of course! It's not always possible for me to implement them, but suggestions are always welcome and appreciated.

Quote:
My thought is to add modifiers like those used for Advantages, example Cost -10% Used, Cost -25% Haggled, Cost -100% Requisition, Cost -100% Theft (also switches tag to illegal)

Weight +/- 10% Jury-rigged, Weight -20% Higher TL Materials

Would this type of option be possible?
That is absolutely possible, with the caveat that you can't adjust weight by percentages. (Also, I don't know what you mean by "switches tag to illegal".)

However, I personally do not like to include content that's not specifically from a book in that book's file, because then people constantly want to fight me about it, and I just don't have the time or energy for that.

But you can totally do it yourself using the tools in GCA, and have those modifiers available to you in your own custom book file.

On the Edit Modifiers dialog, near the bottom above the Cancel button, is the Save to File button. So you can use _New Modifier to add a new modifier to an item, then edit it to correct or adjust things, then use that button to save it to your own custom book file. Maybe call that file New Equipment Modifiers. Then you can load that file in your library, and those modifiers will be available to you for all your characters in the future.

I have started such a file for you, using the values you specify above. You can download that file from my OneDrive here: New Equipment Modifiers.gdf.

That file also includes versions that have costs-per-level, but you'd need to edit the file in a plain text editor (such as NotePad, *not* Word) to remove the comment markers (// ) from some lines and add them to others to make that change. I can do that if you'd prefer the file to be using those and don't want to make that change yourself.