View Single Post
Old 04-29-2022, 01:33 PM   #9
juris

Default Re: World-Building, Campaigns, and Scenarios

Florida - sorry can't suspend disbelief that anything crazy could happen there ;)

We just made up our own series of fortress towns connected by roads of varying quality. Some mountains, some desert, some forest. We had different road sections for different kinds of terrain, and most cities had their own arena. We came up with rules for pay for delivering cargo and passengers. Everyone started in Amateur night. Eventually one player ran a convoy company, the other a biker gang (taking out several big rigs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordtart View Post
I prefer campaign games, gritty realism (as far as you can with cars with guns on), long running characters.

I based my game out of Florida (I am UK based, but CW doesn't really fit with the British driving experience), I often use google street map to generate realistic road environments for the combats and real world information to flesh out the campaign (tweaked to reflect the recovering post apocalyptic vibe). This is both educational and allows underlying consistency and credibility without having to put too much work into the foundations.

juris is offline   Reply With Quote