View Single Post
Old 03-07-2020, 11:30 PM   #179
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: RPM Rituals: Official, Semi-, Quasi- and Un-official

Quote:
Originally Posted by X the Unknown View Post
Sorry Icelander if I'm imposing myself in the middle of the discussion about your ritual, but with the talk about Altered Traits and Bestows a Bonus/Penalty being brought up it was a perfect place to bring up my question instead of starting a new thread. I've looked around a bit and haven't been able to find a good answer. I'll try to keep it short.

I would like to create a ritual that effects only the subject's use of a Broadsword to add +4 to Hit, +4 to Damage and +4 to Parry.

Which one of these is the better method, or did I miss the better method altogether? I suppose we could substitute Chance in for Body in most of these, but I'd rather keep it on Body if possible.

Lesser Strengthen Body [3] + Bestows a Bonus: +4 to Hit, Damage and Parry (Broad) [40] + Subject Weight: 300 lbs. [3]
Cost: 46 energy

Lesser Strengthen Body [3] + Bestows a Bonus: +4 to Hit (Narrow) [8] + Lesser Strengthen Body [3] + Bestows a Bonus: +4 Damage (Narrow) [8] + Lesser Strengthen Body [3] + Bestows a Bonus: +4 Parry (Narrow) [8] + Subject Weight: 300 lbs. [3]
Cost: 36 energy

Lesser Strengthen Body [3] + Bestows a Bonus: +4 to Broadsword Hit and Damage (Moderate) [16] + Lesser Strengthen Body [3] + Altered Traits: Enhanced Defenses: +2 Parry [10] + Subject Weight: 300 lbs. [3]
Cost: 35 energy
You're better off using Lesser Strengthen Matter to use it on the weapon itself instead of the wielder. This lets you ignore spells on, but if you lose the weapon you lose the benefits.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote