View Single Post
Old 04-15-2022, 07:07 AM   #149
Varyon

Default Re: Spear vs Knights... am I missing something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Broadswords (sw+1 cut). I assume the ultra-strong ones are just using a hypothetical huge broadsword with the same stats and higher minST.
IIRC, the guidelines from LTC2 have the damage bonus scaling linearly with MinST; in the case of sw+1 with MinST 10, that makes it sw+2 at MinST 20, sw+3 at MinST 30, etc. There would typically be Reach effects, but I think that's not strictly necessary (you can just increase dimensions other than length). That probably wouldn't have any real influence on your results, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Yes, but only to 16. So someone with a skill of 18 would only take one step of deceptive attack. And if you were hit with -1 shock then you'd do no steps of deceptive attack.
I believe one of the forumites (Anthony IIRC) ran some tests a while back and determined that, generally speaking, dropping your skill to 13 or 14 (or was it 12 or 13?) with Deceptive Attack tended to be the optimal way to go, even considering Critical Hits. Might be worth giving a look, although I doubt it will make any serious changes to the results.