View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 03:17 PM   #652
Dainank

Default Monk Class Variant

Welcome to my monk class variant. Firstly, let me make it clear that this is an unnoficial class, which may be unbalanced, as I am merely a person who designed this card and not the ultimate Steve Jackson game designer.

The monk is a class which consists of using martial arts to out do an opponent. On top of that his fists are usually enchanted to cause even more damage to monsters (note this is just an overview and has nothing to do with the actual card).

Rules:
First ability: Flurry of blows). Discard three cards and roll a d6. Depending on the result, this result gives you x+ bonus for a single battle.
Second Ability: Radiant Fist) Discard a card for a 3+ bonus, but you gain -1 levels this turn (minimum 0).
Epic Ability: Ki Focus: Discard 2 cards to gain an extra level, when defeating a monster, this auses both levels to not be permitted as winning levels.

If you are interested in using the monk class in your games, then you can either replace an existing class (for one game) and say that it is a monk instead of a warrior for example. Note that items which say only warrior or not for warrior, apply to the monk now instead. This is just an example though, if you replace wizard, then all wizard cards... e.t. .

Method two, you can also use cardboard or scrap paper, but the disadvantage of that, is that the players will be able to see the card, as it looks different. Note that the first method you don,t have to replace a class, you could replace any card(s) as long as three cards are replaced.

I am open for critisism and will update this thread with any changes to the monk.

I am typing on a mobile device so I am sorry for any spelling errors.

Thank You!
Dainank is offline   Reply With Quote