View Single Post
Old 03-16-2016, 01:59 PM   #504
starslayer

Default Re: [RPM] Post your rituals here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
Get a higher Path skill - keep in mind the target's Resistance roll is penalized by your MoS. A non-RAW and probably-overcomplicated approach can be found here.
Except that the rule of 16 applies to RPM (At least to my knowledge, perhaps I am wrong)- so a caster with path skill 26 and a caster with path skill 16 have the same ~50% chance to afflict a person with will 16.

Thus I can see the argument for 'there should be some way to reduce target resistance and thus reward high skill'.

However I can also see the counter-argument: Higher skill means you can be carting more canned spells (charms, hanging rituals, etc), and build spells faster, thus the higher skill dictates how often you can force that ~50% resistance roll, AND direct damage spells (fireballs, lightning bolts, etc), are thrown and not resisted, and higher skill means you can invest the energy into making those much more difficult (if not impossible) to avoid (area effect 16 yards makes dodging an external area spell pretty much impossible, and lets the shooter target the hex the occupant is in for +4 to hit)
starslayer is offline   Reply With Quote