View Single Post
Old 12-10-2022, 09:14 AM   #26
swordtart

Default Re: Heavy AV Rifle... abuse?

The trailer was Pillbox (CS p44). The weapon was a tripod light laser. Light laser is a pathetic weapon and the combination of light laser and paint GS is an odd one.

Errata suggested the price was wrong, but I can't get the numbers to add up at all. Even of you use the old rules where a tripod light laser was a specific weapon* the weight comes out wrong. Many of the vehicles in the Combat Showcase were illegal and the errata for that publication is one of the more extensive ones in the CW canon.

I also think that having a 4 space weapons box on a 8 space flatbed is a bit cheesy. I never managed to get it straight if the 4 spaces came off the 8 spaces or were in addition to it. if it comes off the trailer space then it makes a bit more sense. Also on the larger flatbed it clearly specified this was for defensive weaponry (which our group interpreted to mean DWs), my current feeling however is that a space is a space and we can do without exceptions to that basic premise (so three passengers in a heavy sidecar should also be fine) so I would be arguing the point with my younger self :).

I have used a 6' van in a similar capacity. You cannot have nearly as much weight for armour but there is plenty of space for CA. If you went HAVR instead you could probably get away with a mini-van.

*Rather than the more recent interpretation that it is a half weight light laser plus a 25lb tripod. Of course with the new interpretation you can fit a 2 space weapon on a tripod and it still takes only 1 space.

Tripod weapons are a particularly good reason to require passenger fire-arcs be determined at design time.

Last edited by swordtart; 12-10-2022 at 09:32 AM.
swordtart is offline   Reply With Quote