View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 07:52 AM   #93
Icelander

Default Re: Seaplanes or Amphibious Aircraft for Caribbean Adventuring and Logistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daigoro View Post
Not knowing much about the subject, my inclination would be to go for something used by various aerobatic teams, such as the Red Arrows, the Thunderbirds or the Roulettes. These all seem to be 2-seater trainers with good handling, and the T-38 Talon is supposedly extra economical.
LeBlanc would absolutely love a T-38 Talon. It is, however, about twenty times the price of a Cessna 172, the typical light aircraft that would be used for this sort of job.

I'm willing for him to convince his bosses to buy something significantly nicer than the basic Cessna. I think that a supersonic jet that costs twenty times more, however, is just the tiniest bit overkill for the job he'd be using as the justification for why he needs it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daigoro View Post
If you need more than 1 passenger though, you could browse this list of light transports by passenger capacity.
Thanks.

It might be enough to get a trainer aircraft with space for one person aside from Mike LeBlanc, as long as there was a Cessna 172 in New Orleans as well. Certainly, a T-6 Texan and a Cessna 172 combined are a lot cheaper than a T-38.