View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 08:43 AM   #36
Phantasm

Default Re: [SUPERS] My Unofficial Handbook to the DC Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesir23 View Post
Actually, can you recommend a couple of good trade paperbacks I can check out to get a handle on this corner of the U?
Two TPBs of interest: New Teen Titans: The Judas Contract, from the early '80s, and New Titans: Titans Hunt, from the early '90s. The two tales basically frame the classic New Teen Titans/New Titans era. Also, any TPB which has Baron Blood or Trigon is notable, though I don't have titles off-hand.

The Judas Contract is notable for including the issues of Dick Grayson transitioning from Robin to Nightwing. It's also notable for being the first appearance of Jericho, Slade's son Joseph, as well as detailing Terra's betrayal and death..

Note: the title "Titans Hunt" was used for storylines in two other Titans incarnations as well. I'd also recommend those as well; both were good reads. I just can't remember which incarnations they were used in. At least one of those incarnations featured the original Teen Titans in their grown-up identities (the story led into the series simply called The Titans, as I recall).

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting

Last edited by Phantasm; 04-01-2020 at 08:03 AM.
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote