View Single Post
Old 03-12-2016, 01:09 PM   #30
Tomsdad

Default Re: Modern Monster Hunting Guns [XM500, MICOR Leader 50, etc.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ryujin View Post

That being said I do kinda do see a full auto shotgun having some use for a monster hunter, especially if they hunt pretty beefy monsters.
The problem is with FA shot gun is unless your firing shot*, the recoil gets you. Even the Daewoo / AA12 is Rcl 3 (and I wouldn't go lower, RcL3 for a 12g slug is already v.good).

It's Rof is 5-6 anyway so you never going to get more then +1 for FA fire

so to do better than SA fire (Rof 3) you going to have to get 12 MoS with that extra +1, ultimately I think I rather fire RoF3 especially as capacity is always an issue with all shot guns.

So your basically getting +1 to hit with 4+ burst. So it depends on how much you want that +1, but there are several ways to get that +1 elsewhere (edit: for instance I could put a compensator on a SA shotgun and get the same bonus and save rounds, of course you could put a compensator on a FA shotgun as well).

*And even if you firing shot rof 3x15 vs. rof 5-6x15 is going to be a +1 to hit which might make the difference between hitting at all (but if it does you've just hit with one pellet), or if it one more MoS it going to one more pellet that hits.

Last edited by Tomsdad; 03-13-2016 at 03:35 AM.
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote