View Single Post
Old 12-17-2021, 05:21 AM   #318
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
OK, so on Arthus now. I'll aim for, oh, maybe five miles from the capital. If I know V's cell number I'll:
1) Ask for some cash
2) Slip away and make sure I'm not being followed
3) Hide the badge in my pocket and disguise myself as someone else.
4) Buy a drop-phone and reach out to V

OK, assuming that all goes to plan, I'll message V, something like:
"V: Halcyone here. Pen phones and shapeshifting draws attention from Maximus. Best to avoid this. In Arthus City; call to arrange meetup at first opportunity."

(And if I'm confused and I'm actually in Sabeleum, I'll go for the same rough strategy, though I won't try to arrange a meetup).
Halcyone makes it to the capital, gets off of the plane, and walks into the city a new person with a large wad of cash. She buys the phone, and sends V the message.

Where is she headed now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"Oh my!"

The old woman exclaims as her hands disappear into her purse, only to reappear with a pair of vicious-looking clawed gloves. Several lines of ridges are on the backs and a closer examination would reveal they are rows of shuriken.

"Are you sure you want to do this, sonny? You should have respect for your elders."
"I'm fairly advanced in years myself. But where are my manners? May I have this dance?"

He smiles as he grips his gun. He isn't pulling it up quite yet, waiting for his "dance partner" to make the first move.

Quote:
Spoiler:  

Yeah, this is all good dramatic setup.

The heavy metal door of the establishment is two yards behind you, and has swung shut. It does open in such a way so as to grant cover though. Its probably bullet-proof, and the brick walls of the establishment lack windows. A simple metal trash can seems to be empty next to it. Retifurus is one yard away from his corner. 4 yards behind that is a t-section of the alley, and behind that are old brick residential houses. The buildings are all four stories tall, and you think they have flat roofs. The alley is about 10 feet across. The building across from you has large broken and boarded up windows and a heavy metal door 4 yards from both you and Retifurus. Around the corner are concrete and wrought iron stairwells going both up and down. At the end of the alley (26 yards or so) is a giant heavy metal garbage dumpster and a 10 foot fence with barbed wire.

First action goes to the combatant with the higher speed...which would be the immortal.... if it weren't for danger sense.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote