View Single Post
Old 12-15-2021, 06:09 PM   #313
TGLS

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Sabuleum is the name of the city. You can call or not.

Kunnifax is unsure what the triggers Maximus can track are, only that they exist. Maximus's "splinter" clarifies a few actions that stick out. Generally, its your abilities that are strait up magic. Using the Pen to talk to each other is visible. Transporting into world using Corco's method is a visible. Vassarious shifting forms is visible (it has the magic power modifier on it).
Hm... Well I guess we'll just keep using the pens as limited as possible.

Quote:
"A thoughtful bodyguard is a real pain to deal with. Speaking as someone who tries to deceive criminals who employ bodyguards."
"Yeah, and it helped me save Ardelean more than once. Of course the design reference document was more focused on resistance to small arms fire, and assumed there would be a separate chief of security."

Quote:
He doesn't have the key to the gate: he smashed the lock with his sword. he had no idea it was here. He happily gives you the names, but then assures her that until she blows her cover, people will happily bend over backwards for her. The general is named Yortifus, should it be important.

"Showing up with no visible sword and a knapsack full of stuff will just add to my mystique. Lets see if I can fit into your clothes... how attached are you to them, and do you have a needle?"
"You can have everything but the armor I'm wearing. Not taking that off; I'd be naked and then it would be awkward. Only fits the tentacle legged anyway."
*rummage* *rummage*
Quote:
[189] 21-12-16 01:00:44 GMT
Retroactive IQ for Needle
3d6 <= 16
1 + 5 + 5 = 11 ... success
[OK, that's the last of them, at least for a while]
Quote:
Its not a comfortable fit, but its close enough, and Kunnifax says its better than nothing.

Halcyone begins the long walk out of the caves. She eventually reaches the imperial side, where guards scan Kunnifax's badge and give her sharp and overly crisp salutes.
I'll give them a few salutes back and ask where the general is. When I find him I'll say:
"I'm done here. I need to go back to the capital tout suite."
Quote:
[190] 21-12-16 01:08:22 GMT
Acting
3d6 <= 15
2 + 1 + 4 = 7 ... success
[191] 21-12-16 01:08:51 GMT
Savoir-Faire (at -2)
3d6 <= 14
5 + 5 + 2 = 12 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote