View Single Post
Old 12-15-2021, 02:46 PM   #312
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
I was waiting until I had the identity to provide, but Halcyone can initiate the call...
my bad, good call.

Quote:
Vassarious waits until the businesses close, so he can slip in and plant the devices unobserved.
That works for some of the business... but two of the three trouble spots are open 24/7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Hasn't it only been maybe a few hours since the last time I talked with V? I assume she's good but under a day seems a bit overconfident. I check in after reaching [frantically checks previous posts for city name] Gatetopolis.
Sabuleum is the name of the city. You can call or not.

Quote:
So he'll be able to tell if I adjust my pigmentation, my face, I pick anything up with a third arm or my Danger Sense triggers? That's a little strange but I can roll with it.

Kunnifax is unsure what the triggers Maximus can track are, only that they exist. Maximus's "splinter" clarifies a few actions that stick out. Generally, its your abilities that are strait up magic. Using the Pen to talk to each other is visible. Transporting into world using Corco's method is a visible. Vassarious shifting forms is visible (it has the magic power modifier on it).

Quote:
"I dunno; I thought a bodyguard/fashion accessory who can discuss the finer points of psych was a bit much too."
"A thoughtful bodyguard is a real pain to deal with. Speaking as someone who tries to deceive criminals who employ bodyguards."

Quote:
Names of his contacts (i.e. the general, the airplane people). The key for the gate. Whether it will be believable or not if I come out with a knapsack full of stuff and no sword. If I look like him now.
He doesn't have the key to the gate: he smashed the lock with his sword. he had no idea it was here. He happily gives you the names, but then assures her that until she blows her cover, people will happily bend over backwards for her. The general is named Yortifus, should it be important.

"Showing up with no visible sword and a knapsack full of stuff will just add to my mystique. Lets see if I can fit into your clothes... how attached are you to them, and do you have a needle?"

Its not a comfortable fit, but its close enough, and Kunnifax says its better than nothing.

Quote:
I'll probably proceed out of the caves towards the imperial side now. I assume I can just walk through the gate now. I'll lock it behind me if I can. Then I'll recover my knapsack if it's not suspicious.

Halcyone begins the long walk out of the caves. She eventually reaches the imperial side, where guards scan Kunnifax's badge and give her sharp and overly crisp salutes.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote