View Single Post
Old 08-09-2021, 12:05 PM   #109
TGLS

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
How much time are you intending to spend on these activities?

And as a GM aside, what is your plan after you find a traitor? You've proved your basic abilities already... how does this further the core mission?
Maybe traitor isn't the best word here. Basically, the way I see it, the situation here is one of the following:
A) There's a spy working for the imperials working over here. Perhaps the goal is to wipe out the rebels before the Emperor wakes up.
B) The rebellion is keeping the emperor asleep somehow, and naturally the coordination for this effort is going through Rebel HQ.
C) This is all a wild goose chase and I ought to let you get me somewhere else where the plot can advance.

Maybe the things I want to do are more in aid of determining whether A is true and not B, but I think that trying to determine whether B is true would probably be more dangerous, and should be done after.

Quote:
Thelodox is happy to chat and play cards while they wait for general to come out of headquarters. He'll ask quite a lot about Verdaze, where she is supposed to have come from: roll some skill and talk about your strategy to make sure he doesn't find out you're an imposter.
I'm sure he's just being curious; I'm sure I researched enough before to have a clear picture of what Verdaze is like, and will use Acting to make sure I'm consistent and Memetics! to inject life into the answers I'm giving (it would be awfully weird to sound like and encyclopedia article.)
Quote:
[63] 21-08-09 19:02:29 BST
Memetics!
3d6 <= 15
6 + 5 + 1 = 12 ... success

[62] 21-08-09 19:02:20 BST
Acting
3d6 <= 15
3 + 3 + 4 = 10 ... success
If the card game is common to both Verdaze and Lithus, I'll mention I've played before and pick up the rules as I go:
Quote:
[64] 21-08-09 19:09:32 BST
Games Default
3d6 <= 12
2 + 1 + 3 = 6 ... success
Quote:
Thelodox loves to talk about cars.
If it makes sense (as in, makes sense for someone from Verdaze), I'll mention that I don't know how to drive.

Quote:
You are replacing Alexa, who is in the hospital with a badly lacerated leg from jumping into a dumpster. Your assignment is temporary.
"Into a dumpster? What's that all about? Taking cover?"

Last edited by TGLS; 08-09-2021 at 12:09 PM.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote