View Single Post
Old 08-06-2021, 08:08 AM   #105
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Vassarious studies the architecture and state of the chamber, looking for anything out of place or missing. She looks for any disturbed runes or damaged stonework that might be disrupting the magical flow of this place.

She also uses the "Outcast Angel" Ability to "Detect Evil Supernatural Beings" as well as try and use their ability as a "Face Man" get a feel for the functionaries here to see if any of them seem concerned at the possibility of her success.
The room does have an occult function, and as far as Vassarious can tell (secret roll), its magic is focused on stone sarcophagus, and does seem to have a life preserving effect. Vassarious learns a little more about how the effect works by observing the building. There seems to be a component preserving the body, and another preserving the mind.

Detecting evil supernatural beings turns something Big in that sarcophagus. Its not exactly "Evil", but it is undead, and its taking a LOT of power.

(rolled a 9 on face-man!) The functionaries are certainly invested in the success or failure, and quite anxious about the outcome. A fair number of them seem like they are expecting a fight. Vassarious isn't sure why though... she'd need to take some sort of action to read the response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"I'd be a worse bodyguard if I did look it.", adding silently, That's why I was made like this.

I imagine unless the General on the road all the time, I'll have a considerable amount of free time. I'll try to get to know my colleagues, in part to sate my curiosity and in part to hopefully make things go more smoothly.

Now with regard to my mission, I'll try to gather up information on colonel-level officers (see #70) in a way that won't immediately alert anyone. Then get down to reading to separate the suspicious out.
Give me a few rolls to gather the information on the officers.

Talthus chuckles: "Sure, but we don't usually have the luxury of people who are dangerous without looking like they are. Glad to have you as our secret weapon."

The security detail for the general is six people. Halcyone is the only woman. Talthus is in charge. He and Tenilis run security for top-secret meetings. Thelodox is Halcyone's counterpart for travel, and Marcus and Myrlon are qualified to command larger units as security forces.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 08-06-2021 at 08:58 AM.
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote