View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 03:14 PM   #4
Bandii

Default Re: Alien Infiltrator Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
Don't worry about the cost unless the PCs are playing one - if they're just enemies, they can be as expensive as they want. Measuring enemies in points isn't really a useful exercise; seeing what they can do makes more sense, and then, only in directly antagonistic situations.

Just a side note - Social Stigma has to be obvious, which certainly would only be the case in their natural forms. Also, are they truly that fanatical? These would make awesome villains if they were a little more grey. The scene where you sit there, reasoning with the thing that ate your wife and took her form, just because you need the information. That's gut-wrenching stuff, that.
Hmm, good point on the Social Stigma. Since after the Y2K the infiltrators were hardly ever seen, having served their purposes, they would only be deployed in special circumstances where their abilities could be useful infiltrating human resistance cells. The Fanatacism was a choice I am not entirely sold on, I wanted a reason why these beings would take such obvious suicide missions for their masters without succumbing to the Stockholm Syndrome-effect inherent in the delusion. In most cases the infiltrators who were in place to take out the IST's during the invasion day event were basically suicide bomber/infiltrators with little to no chance of being re-patriated. That sort of dedication usually requires some level of belief in what they are doing. I'd considered throwing in Split Personality to represent the warring elements of the personality (or in some extreme cases personalities) of the infiltrators. Although I do very much like the idea of some ambiguity in their behavior.
Bandii is offline   Reply With Quote