View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #32
Sunrunners_Fire

Default Re: [Build Advice] Model Anaerobic/Aerboic Breathing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulzgoroth View Post
The key thing here is that anaerobic metabolism does not usually produce free oxygen. That's what makes your case really bizarre.
:nods:

Its' an idea and one that I wasn't sure how to model and so I asked how the hivemind would do it. I may end up discarding that portion depending on what I do with the other bits and bobs and details. I don't have to finalize anything until mid-/late- August ... and so I'm in no rush.

For modeling purposes, I'm going with: Doesn't Breathe (Temporary Advantage (Modified Create Oxygen 1/18*), +10%; Gills, -50%; Temporary Disadvantage (Increased Consumption 4), -40%) [4] ... for the moment. Gills being re-fluffed as "requires atmospheric carbon dioxide; can breathe atmospheric oxygen" rather than "requires dissolved oxygen in a water medium; can breathe atmospheric oxygen".

* Create Oxygen 1/18 (Always On, +0%; No Die Roll Required, +100%; Reduced Fatigue Cost 2, +40%; Reduced Time 1, +20%; Stable Creation, +100%) [1] ... 1/18 means it produces 3.8~ mol, which is likely way too much but its' going to cost [1] and so +10% regardless as costs always round up and so the exact level is something I can assign later once I decide what their tidal volume is.
Sunrunners_Fire is offline   Reply With Quote