View Single Post
Old 03-26-2016, 04:34 PM   #1
Erling

Default Several questions about Arm Lock

1. Me and my enemy have grappled each other. He uses only one hand for grappling. On my turn I apply Arm Lock to the enemy's grappling hand (arm). Does that mean he automatically loses his grip?

2. Me and my enemy have grappled each other. He uses both hands for grappling. On my turn I apply Arm Lock to one of his arms. Does that mean he automatically loses his grip with both hands?

3. Me and my enemy have grappled each other. He uses both hands for grappling. On my turn I apply Arm Lock to the enemy. Say, he still has me grappled. On my next turn I use "passive" opportunity to inflict 4 HP as injury and then I immediately try to Break Free as my maneuver. Will my enemy suffer from -4 shock penalty as per Pain and Breaking Free (MA119)?

4. I apply Arm Lock to the enemy using both hands. On my next turn I punch him, though I keep Arm Lock with my other hand. I assume that I can't claim +5 and +4 bonuses in Quick Contest against enemy's attempts to Break Free, as per The Sound of One Hand Grappling. Will my enemy still suffer from -4 penalty to active defenses? If not, what's the benefit from one-handed Arm Lock? Only penalized "free" attempts to hurt the enemy?
Wave your arms and shout.
Erling is offline   Reply With Quote