View Single Post
Old 05-16-2021, 03:27 PM   #7
SteveS

Default Re: 4th edition weapon design

I know about "The Deadly Spring". But I appreciate the reminder. It's excellent.

I haven't thought much about melee weapons, except to come to the conclusion that they present a lot of different puzzles.

I know there's also a spreadsheet created by a weapons gearhead GURPS fan that goes beyond Vehicles 2. I probably have it somewhere, but wouldn't mind a fresh link.

I've heard good things about the multi-system Guns, Guns, Guns, which a review says covers a lot more than just guns. It's on my shopping list.

The Traveller supplements named Fire, Fusion, and Steel are said to be good too. The New Era edition is said to be better edited, while the T4 edition might cover more territory. T5 apparently has rules too, largely unusable in the first release, but functional in the revised edition.

Another question: how much does GURPS 4th differ from 3rd in terms of to-hit rules, damage rules, hit points, and so forth? My impression is that things are more streamlined, but I haven't had the opportunity to see 4th in play.

Thanks for the pointers.
SteveS is offline   Reply With Quote